Monday, May 20, 2013

The "power of deliverance"

I just read this verse in the first chapter of the Book of Mormon. 

"And when the Jews heard these things they were angry with him; yea, even as with the prophets of old, whom they had cast out, and stoned, and slain; and they also sought his life, that they might take it away. But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance." 1 Nephi 1:20

In this verse, Lehi and his family have to leave Jerusalem because they are seeking to take his life. I don't know about you, but I have never had anyone seeking to take my life. However, I love that Nephi writes a hopeful message even in this dark and scary time. He promises that if we have faith we will be delivered.

What is it that is keeping you down. What are you struggling with right now? Faith in the Lord will make you "mighty even unto the power of deliverance." You will be delivered from whatever hole you find yourself in. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment