Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Forever strong


Today I watched the movie "Forever Strong"

My favorite quote from the movie happens when Coach Gelwix asks Rick to be captain. Rick responds saying that he(Rick) is a "no good spy who cheap-shotted [his] star player last year"

The coach responds, "let's focus on where you could end up, not where you were or are; and - God doesn't make a no-good ANYTHING."

When we are being hard on ourselves, we need to remember to look for our potential. Don't focus on the past. Satan would like you to think that you can never change. That you will continue to make the same mistakes over and over again. This is not true. Let us focus on where each of us can end up if we keep trying to change. Its a process.





Today I am grateful for:
  • My ability to continue striving to achieve the great expectations the Lord has for me.
  • Leftover Costa Vida. Yep.
  • My body's capacity to heal itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment