Saturday, November 10, 2012

It's that time again.

Its the time of year that fills us with fond and warm feelings. I have often thought about why we love this time of year so much. I think a lot of it is because we spend so much time with those we love. \

There is even more to it than that. We spend time coming closer to our Heavenly Father and our Savior. My favorite thing about this time of year is that during November, we focus on being grateful for all we have. It sets the stage. We begin to look back at all we have been given this year, and all the ways we have grown. Gratitude is one of the best ways to find happiness and contentment in life. It is also a great way to come closer to our Father in Heaven and feel the spirit.

Next, in December, we focus on Jesus Christ. I love that it seems like everyone turns their attention to the Savior through singing praises and serving those around them. That is why we feel so much Joy.

Then we take all of this positive energy and throw ourselves into a new year with excitement. I love the transition here. We can look back and see where we were, and where we are now. Then we plan where we want to be at the end of the next year.

What and inspired time of year! And we share it with those we love!



Things i am grateful for today
  • My mom and my sister came all the way from Oregon to visit me. We had such a good weekend full of good food, shopping and movies. I love those two so much!
  • My dad gave me a Nexus 7. Yeah. That's right. It is the coolest thing I have ever owned. But it isn't just the fact that he gave me such a cool gift, it was the thought behind it that makes me SOO happy. He told me he was proud of me and wanted to do something for his "Amydo". I am so lucky to have parents that show their love for me every day, and support me in all that I do.
  • Rachel and I made fort. Yes. A fort! In our living room! How lucky am I to have a roommate that would get just as excited as me to spontaneously build a fort in our living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment