Thursday, October 4, 2012

He is my strength.

Today is a big day for me. I am teaching my first language arts lesson to 2nd graders.

I will admit that this morning fear overwhelmed me. I know I am not the only one in my major that feels this way, but when I look at my peers, they all seem to have it together and I am convinced(by Satan) that I don't measure up.

Thanks to the wise counsel of my mother, I know that I can pray to have love for the students I teach today and that the Lord will teach through me even when I feel inadequate. In fact, I have learned recently that through my weakness, the strength of the Lord can come through.

I read this in my scriptures the other day. It really shows how I feel. I look at where I need to go in order to be an effective teacher, and it seems impossible, but I know that in these times of weakness, the Lord can bring strength out of me.
2 Corinthians 12:10
10. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.



This video just reminds me that I do have so much to offer. "He loves me the way I am. He is my strength when I stand." I have to do the standing, he will provide the strength.
Matthew 11:28-29
28. Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 
29. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

I believe Him. I know that he will strengthen me when I feel small. He loves me with an infinite love. He will not leave me alone. He listens when I pray, and he answers. He knows I can be a teacher. And if He knows I can do what he has told me to do(be a teacher), then I can! That is all there is to it. I just can. I don't know how, but He does.

No comments:

Post a Comment