Saturday, October 6, 2012

Seeking out the Rainbows


I think it is no coincidence that after a rainstorm a beautiful rainbow like this one can appear. 

Maybe it is just me, but I feel like every day there is something that we can consider a rainstorm. 
It is easy to focus on the storm. It brings fear that we will not make it through, doubt that it will ever lift, and frustration that we cannot see the sunshine through the clouds.

However, there are rainbows in our lives. We have to emerge from the safety of our home to see the rainbows. We have to believe that if we go outside and look there will be a beautiful rainbow.
      

As Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf encouraged us in General Conference today, we should be happy right now. We shouldn't wait for the end of our lives to be happy. So, I am going to start looking for things to make me happy through this journey of life. I will look for the beautiful rainbows that come every day BECAUSE of the storms that come.

Today, I had several of my friends say the right thing at the right moment. This was a rainbow to me. I am amazed at how much my Father in Heaven loves me. He sends me angels every day. Words can't express the gratitude I feel for their words of encouragement. Because they followed promptings my life has been greatly blessed today. 

Another rainbow today was the delicious pizza I had for dinner. I know that doesn't seem big, because it's not really. But these are the moments we need to look for. I savored that pizza, because I could. Life is made up of ordinary moments that can be turned into extraordinary moments if we take the time to notice them.

This is one of my all-time favorite videos. Notice that it shows the rainbows as well as the storms. They are all beautiful moments in our lives because they all "lead us to the Savior of the world."


No comments:

Post a Comment