Monday, October 22, 2012

"Those that bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves."

Today, I had the chance to be there for someone when nobody else could. This meant that I would not have time to eat any lunch in between my classes. I learned that when I serve and sacrifice things(like my lunch) I am blessed beyond measure. I have seen the hand of the Lord in my life today throughout the ENTIRE day!


For example, instead of eating lunch I ended up at target. Well, the Lord knows who I am and though I was completely willing to be hungry the rest of the day, He had a better idea. Right as we walked into target a  woman working there offered us a FREE SAMPLE of kettle corn. How blessed am I??? I had enough food to last my the rest of the day! It seems like a little thing, but I was touched to know that the Lord would bless me, even in a simple little thing.

President Uchtdorf said that the author of Peter Pan said,
"Those that bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves."

I felt like this today. It was such a simple thing that I did, it didn't take much effort on my part, and the blessings I received were so great that I don't even feel I deserved them. It would take way too long to list every good thing that has happened to me today, but just know, the Lord loves and blesses us for even the most minuscule step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment